What tests are included in contactless testing?
Hepatitis A, B, & C, HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia.
Why testing is so important
If left untreated, sexually transmitted infections (STIs formerly STDs), can cause severe health problems. These include: cancer, organ damage, infertility, and blindness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 20 million new STIs occur each year in the United States. Unfortunately, STIs often have no symptoms or very nonspecific symptoms, which can make them hard to notice. The stigma around the diseases also discourages many people from being tested but testing is the only way to know for sure if you have the disease.
Who should be tested?
- If you are between the ages of 13 and 64 you should be tested at least once.
- Men who have had sex with another man.
- If you had sex—anal or vaginal—with a partner who has HIV.
- If you had more than one sex partner since your last HIV test.
- If you injected drugs and shared needles, syringes, or other drug injection equipment (for example, cookers) with others.
- If you have exchanged sex for drugs or money.
- If you have been diagnosed with or treated for another sexually transmitted disease.
- If you been diagnosed with or treated for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB).
- If you have had sex with someone who could answer yes to any of the above questions or someone whose sexual history you don’t know.
Why Contactless Testing?
“Attending” an appointment with your doctor has never been easier. Getting tested for viruses and STD’s such as hepatitis A, B, & C, HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea is now available through TruCare’s Contactless Testing. This is offered through the telemedicine platform called Spruce Health.
Benefits of Contactless Testing
- No transportation costs to get to the office.
- No need to take time off work. You can schedule the appointment during your break!
- No need for childcare since you will not have to leave your home for the appointment.
- Reduce the uneasy feelings of having to be face to face explaining your concerns.
- Protect yourself and family by maintaining social distancing without having to come in contact with medical personnel and others.
- No waiting in the waiting room.
- Have an appointment with a specialist from anywhere with WIFI connection.
Save time, money, and hassle with contactless testing!
- Select the “Get in touch” button in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select the “Contactless Testing” tile.
- Complete the form.
- Download and create an account on the Spruce App.
- Once account is created, provide your contact information securely and confidentially to get started.